Marketing Manager – Toys
Orange County, CA – Hybrid (4 days in office)
Talento has partnered with our client who produces and markets an exciting collection of award-winning toys and games. I am looking for a very talented Marketing Manager in the Orange County area. In this role, you will be responsible for all our consumer retail toy lines (boys and girls) and help implement and execute our ambitious growth strategy. This is a unique opportunity for someone with the drive and talent to make a difference.
- Manage execution of product and marketing strategies for new and existing brands and product lines within our growing toy portfolio.
- Execute 360 marketing and communications strategies and tactics to drive consumer demand including (but not limited to): advertising (across all media), retailer activations, PR, media events, digital and social media marketing, and promotions.
- Take a hands-on approach in the B2B marketing and retailer sell-in process including (but not limited to): trade show planning and execution, planogram planning, and marketing collateral including B2B product catalogs.
- Own brand management strategy and execution for select brands/SKUs within our portfolio –shepherd branding, packaging, pricing, forecasting, POS analysis, and SKU rationalization.
- Support upfront planning and budgeting process with VP oversight.
- Proactively engage in identifying innovative ways to bring new brands to market.
- Work closely with the Sales team to deliver commercial objectives and provide key selling points and market insights, in addition to selling tools and materials.
- Act as the brand voice, serving as reviewer and approver of assets and content across platforms to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- Proven ability to analyze POS data with understanding of regional, store level data when necessary to determine trends and key performance indicators and business drivers. Ability to synthesize and summarize data for management.
- Represent the needs of the consumer within the organization.
- Perform continuous analysis of industry, consumer, and competitive trends to guide long and short-term growth plans across all categories and distribution channels.
- Craft and present compelling presentations regarding new campaigns, strategies and/or research findings to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the brand as the authority.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing or related discipline, MBA a plus but not a necessity.
- 5 – 7+ years of B2B and B2C marketing experience.
- Toy marketing experience is absolutely required. No exception.
- Retail marketing experience and product launch experience preferred.
- Excellent storyteller/communicator and ability to write inspiring presentations.
- Experience analyzing data and managing financials.
- Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Strong time management, planning and project execution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships.
- Strong PowerPoint creation and presentation skills, proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Our organization continues to thrive through our ongoing commitment to building an inclusive and diverse workforce from different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Talento Human Capital (HC) is an equal opportunity employer and people are at the center of what we do!
People + Passion + Perseverance = Progress
Talento Human Capital provides talent and organizational solutions enabling businesses to evolve beyond tactical human resources management. Our footprint spans across the U.S. with teams in Miami, Chicago, NYC, Los Angeles, and throughout South America and Asia in Lima & India.